For 2014 teams competing in three or more events win prize money of $1000 for 1st, $500 for 2nd, and $250 for third; teams finishing 4th through 8th [and competing in at least 3 events] receive certificates. Rules can be consulted here:
In the 2014 results below, all teams receiving certificates are listed, along with any cash prize winnings:
1. Genesee Valley Harriers (NY) 20 pts. in 3 events $1000
2T. Athena Track Club (PA) 16 pts. in 3 events $500
1. Athena Track Club (PA) 50 pts. in 5 events $1000
2. Genesee Valley Harriers (NY) 28 pts. in 5 events $500
1. Genesee Valley Harriers (NY) 40 pts. in 4 events $1000
2. Playmakers Elite/New Balance (MI) 30 pts. in 4 events $500
1. Playmakers Elite/New Balance (MI) 40 pts. in 4 events $1000
1. Atlanta Track Club (GA) 46 pts. in 5 events $1000
2. Cal Coast Track Club-A (CA) 24 pts. in 4 events $500
3. Genesee Valley Harriers (NY) 12 pts. in 3 events $250
1. Playmakers Elite/New Balance (MI) 46 pts. in 5 events $1000
2. Genesee Valley Harriers (NY) 40 pts. in best 5 (of 6) events $500
3. Atlanta Track Club (GA) 39 pts. in best 5 (of 6) events $250
1. Ann Arbor Track Club (MI) 48 pts. on best 5 (of 8) events $1000
2. Atlanta Track Club (GA) 42 pts. on best 5 (of 6) events $500
3. Shore Athletic Club (NJ) 26 pts. on 4 events $250
Genesee Valley Harriers (NY) 15 pts. on 3 events certificate
Raritan Valley Roadrunners (NJ) 11 pts. on 3 events certificate
1. Ann Arbor Track Club (MI) 50 pts. on best 5 (of 7) events $1000
2. Atlanta Track Club (GA) 30 pts. on 4 events $500
3. Shore Athletic Club (NJ) 26 pts. on 3 events $250
Clifton Roadrunners Club (NJ) 23 pts. on 4 events certificate
2015 Club Grand Prix Circuit and Revised Scoring Rules
The following events constitute the 2015 USATF Masters Club/Team Grand Prix Circuit:
02/07/15 USA Cross Country Championships [Men 8K, Women 6K] Boulder CO
02/22/15 USA Masters 8K Championships Brea CA
04/26/15 USA Masters 10K Championships Dedham MA
08/21/15 USA Masters 1 Mile Championships Flint MI
10/04/15 USA Masters 5K Championships Syracuse NY
10/18/15 USA Masters 5K Cross Country Championships Saratoga Springs NY
10/31/15 USA Masters 15K Championships Tulsa OK
11/15/15 USA Masters 12K Championships Alexandria VA
12/12/15 USATF National Club Cross Country Championships
[Men 10K, Women 6K] San Francisco CA Golden Gate Park
Team Divisions as usual: W40+ thru W80+; M40+ thru M80+
New Revised Scoring: In order to provide additional incentive for event participation, Grand Prix points will be awarded in each event in each division for all teams who finish a complete team.
Points will be as follows:
1st 100 pts 2nd 90 pts 3rd 80 pts 4th 70 pts 5th 60 pts 6th 55 pts 7th 50 pts 8th 45 pts 9th 40 pts 10th 35 pts 11th 30 pts 12th 25 pts 13th 20 pts 14th 15 pts 15th 10 pts.
Teams finishing 16th and below receive 5 pts. each. Incomplete teams receive no points.
Grand Prix Awards:
The ten teams with the highest point totals who have competed in 3 or more of the Grand Prix events, will receive a USA Masters LDR Team Grand Prix certificate.
In addition the top scoring teams receive:
1st place teams $1000 cash prize and a GP Champion Clubhouse Banner
2nd place teams $500 cash prize
3rd place teams $250 cash prize
Tie-breaks: If 2 or more teams are tied for 1st place, the tie will be broken by looking at head-to-head competition. The team winning more events in head-to-head competition gets 1st place. If teams are still tied after considering head-to-head competition, then the team with more 1st place event finishes gets 1st place. If teams are still tied, then the teams involved tie for 1st place.
There is no tie-breaking procedure for any finish behind first place.
If 2 teams tie for 1st place (after tie-breaking procedure) each team receives a $750 cash prize;
If 3 teams tie for 1st place (after tie-breaking procedure) each team receives a $583.33 cash prize.
If more than 3 teams tie for 1st place (after tie-breaking procedure) each team receives an equal share of the $1750 total prize money.
The same principle applies to ties for 2nd and to ties for 3rd. Relevant cash prizes are combined and split equally among the tied teams.
Official Rules will be posted soon on the USATF Club Grand Prix website and should be consulted for details on eligiblility, team affiliations and so on. Please see:
Please note that if there are any discrepancies between the USATF website and my summary on these pages, the USATF website is the authoritative source.
Post a Comment